Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Peaceful day

I do not know if it was the music of Enya, but I felt so peaceful that day. It happened only recently. I was sitting on our veranda, wearing a contented smile. I wasn't even thinking of my achievements, totally unmindful of my past and future. I was simply appreciating the things around me--spending an afternoon playing with our dog and hearing the kids playing on the street. That moment is all I have, yet I felt happy, peaceful. It was something. In my mind, I was wishing good life to all people, even to those unfriendly towards me. I was in a selfless state and it makes me wonder. How could one who hasn't achieve much in the world feel this kind of contentedness and peace? Somehow, it implies that happiness does not lie in the future. Happiness, joy, peace, love, all of these are available to us now, we only need to realize from within.

No comments: